Monday, December 7, 2009

America does Thanksgiving in Iceland

I was fortunate enough to share Thanksgiving with my fellow classmates this year. We held a traditional American Thanksgiving in my house. I am living with a fellow American from New York State as well as a Frenchman and a woman from the UK. My housemate (Megan) and I cooked the turkey in our miniature oven. It turned out perfectly and I was very pleased considering it was my first time preparing a Thanksgiving turkey without Mom!

All together, we had guests from France, the UK, Iran, Latvia, Finland, the US, Canada, Mauritius, Germany, and Iceland!!! It was such a wonderful experience and I truely enjoyed sharing it was so many people from all over the world.

We had one minor preparation scare when the power went out while baking the Turkey... I had a slight freak out but no worries, it came back on an hour later :)

Enjoy the photographs!!
The ceremonial cutting of the Turkey:
The three Americans in the master's program:
My housemate Megan and me:
Hanging the American flag :)
Getting ready for the feast!
Half of the food:

No comments:

Post a Comment