Saturday, November 20, 2010

Roadtrip on Iceland's Ring Road PART ONE

This post is LONG overdue, and I am taking a quick break from thesis writing to finally write it! I literally have hundreds of pictures from the trip, so I'm going to try and choose my favorites. I did the trip with my good friend Anna Maria. She is from Iceland, so I had my own personal translator and guide on the trip. I´m going to do these next posts in pieces, so here goes!


In the north of Iceland, trying to lift the big stones at the old Viking village where they had several old viking games/events you could compete in.

Soaking in a hotpot... you know, the usual daily event when you drive around Iceland...

Goðaföss is just east of Akureyri. It was 24 degrees (about 70F) out that day! A perfect day to hike around the waterfalls.

Goðaföss from a distance...

At Dimmuborgir where there are miles and miles of lava formation you can hike through, in, and around... It was almost 75F when we were here!I found trees! And they made me VERY VERY happy! But unfortunately, with trees, come BUGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment