Thursday, August 20, 2009

You wouldn't believe it unless I showed you pictures...

Ladies and Gentleman:
Today, August 20, 2009... it snowed in Ísafjörður. As you can see in the following pictures, it was not cold enough to accumulate at sea level, but at about 500 meters elevation and above... the snow accumulated! As I understand it, most of you are enjoying the hot muggy days of August and I just wanted to let you know that winter is just around the corner. Or shall I say, in Iceland.
Love, Jamie


2 comments:

  1. Hey Jamie! This is Julie we met through Jane Jepson at the Mary Kay dinner. Congratulations!!!! I have a friend who is HUGE into Iceland (she's a geologist). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I don't envy you right now. Do you mind if I share your blog with a student who is an environmental major?

    ReplyDelete